Monday, August 17, 2009

Vietnam - Castaway Island




Kati chillin while I was on the kayak


On our Halong Bay 3d 2n trip we decided to be generouys and picked the more expansive tour.. that meant we spent the 2nd day and night at a private beach on so called castaway island... the pics speak for themselves... although its hard to convey the feeling of freedom and loneliness of the place in pictures... either way, taking a kayak and going into the bay all by myself for about 2h definitely stays as one of the highlights of my trip... of course i got kati im schlepptau (surfing on a inflatable matraze behind me) later the same day to give her a tour of the highlights...
also we were lucky and got one of the two rooms aboard that led to a private terraze. nice!! on the picture as well Alex and Rahel.
Howey, please give Clare my apologies.. I really have to catch up with pics on the blog and Lao connection speed doesnt help... anyway, kudos to Howey and Clare for being the best Ozzies on the boat, and lets definitely meet up in Australia...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: