Saturday, October 10, 2009

Melbourne - Cooking - Spanish evening

I've been cooking alot again after taking a break for 11 weeks during our trip through Asia. I'm really enjoying it - especially since the Queen Victoria Market, one of the best markets I've ever been to (large range, cheaaaap, beautiful) is only 300m from school. Last time I went shopping there, I bought so much that the basket broke off by bicycle... So we've started having people over for dinner again, and this Thursday, as an example, we had a little Spanis evening with (from left in the pic below) Martha (also from IESE BCN), Sabina (studied in Seville the same time as me, now exchange from UCLA), Steve (also IESE BCN), Javi (Martha's brother, normally lives in Madrid) and Matteo. I made a whole bunch of tapas, including Salmorejo (shout outs to Aitoritoooo), albondegas (meat balls in tomatoe sauce), gambas (yum yum yum), self-made alioli and chorizo. The mini cakes burnt, but we ate the inside. The pic is taken in our living room btw, which connects to the kitchen. We don't have a table in the livingroom actually, so whenever we have large groups over we disconnect one of the doors to one of our cupboards and cover it with a bed sheet. Et voilá!


Would like to get some more food-photography done, but somehow it's always dark when we eat and it only really looks good in natural daylight... But I'll take the camera to the market next week and see what magic we can get up to.
Below, FYI, the remains of the gambas and some of the aliolo (slightly brown as done with balsamic vinegar)

No comments: