Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update part three (last part): Skiing hols over new years in Baqueira



Our Spanish friend Elena was kind enough to invite us to her family's house in the Spanish Pyrenees for great 5 days of skiing, snow fun and Spanish life. Thank you, Elena, also to your family! We had a fantastic time!!
I (kati) went skiing for basically the first time in my life (besides the times I went with the Fellenzers back in 1997/98... shout out to you all :)) and wasn't quite sure how I'd like it... but I LOVED it and now proud to master blue sloaps - wopee - thanks so some schooling in a level A class together with Martin (Elena's boyfriend and you've seen him in other posts)! Beside skiing (and Mattes snow boarding and coaching me in the afternoons) we also made use of my Christmas present: Snowboots! They are fab, you can go over the deepest snow and wander over hills and forests without seeing a soal for ages. We took a 6km hike to a formerly deserted village which now hosts a small refugio, a place where you can find shelter from the cold and had some yummy soap and then happy walked the 6km back to the car...
It was sunny skies all day but one, so lotsa luck there too. And surely lots of skiing coming up this season!

No comments: