Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tasmania - Falls Festival


This morning, I wasnt even sure where to start... there are soo many things and on this one, I could tell stories for hours again... but yeah, looks like we are getting through on a very high level, though..

the falls festival spin off from the bigger sister in Lorne, Marion Bay is secretly the nicer venue... located in the hills with views on the ocean and access to the beach, the 3 day festival into new years was one continuing wondering of why people would do it... why, why, why..
I tried to understand, talk to people, try it out myself... but i am as clueless as I was before..

well, first of all, I do admit I am getting older! true, we went to the festival knowing 2 out of 30 bands.. (a quick internet research revealed that bands like the yeah yeah yeahs, grizzyly bear, hilltop hoods and seasick steve are the hype at the moment) and true again, moby (the one I knew) was just bad. Plain! Lets just not even start with it... biggest surprise and new discoveries for us: seasick steve, emiliana torrini, art vs sciene, Lisa Mitchell and comedian Arj Barker. But yeah, yeah and yeah.. its like i didnt know them before and now i couldnt care less... the new york trio seems to me as wrong as the clothes people wear... screeming doesnt help, if there is no message you have to convey... and excessibely using the expressiong mother f***** in lover songs... is just not my style.. and - no judging- I do feel sorry for those who need to express their feelings in a similar way...

back to the thing... the return to the 80th, the leggins, the sunglasses.. the weird colors, the forced individualism, where everybody tries to beat the others by looking even worse, ending in a freak show of people who - tyring to be different - all seem the same, just badly dressed (in terms of clothes)...
I dont get it.. I thought, after the 80th everybody agreed that the style was as poor as post war architecture... something you shouldnt return to if you have other choices...

So while I was wondering, the temperature reached an 10 year record high of 38,5 degrees, the beach was closed due to a jelly fish plague and the relief materilazied in the form of an tank truck that offered a public group shower orgy of the finer type... the first wet t-shirt contest I have seen, where the girls screemed and ran towards the water rather than away from it... olé

so, "use your flippers to get down" and happy 2010!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: