Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tasmania - Overland track


Some impressions from the hike...too many crazy moments!!

Crazy in love coucourchis,
crazy bad weather at the beginning, with crazy wind and fog and rain and coldness
crazy summits and vistas
crazy people, mainly from canada and germany
crazy hut life after the hikes, sitting around the tiny heater
waterfalls, lakes, rocks, rainforest...

and of course our favorite quote from one of the log books: "John Chapman forgot to mention, that evil roots are the devil!"
also high on my list was the mac pac sales guy, looking at my shoes after i told him I dont think to buy gore tex boots: "you are one brave young man, mate!"

what I am talking about are the tracks, only sometimes on boardwalks, most of the track still goes through muddy, wet ground, with heaps of mudwholes and in the foresty areas millions of roots (wet) on which you try to get forwards...

Btw, I did get gore tex shoes in the end, and "gaitors", both highly recommended to necessary! I also got Kati, but that is a longer story, which I will get into later and in more detail ;))
Posted by Picasa

No comments: